Saturday, March 26, 2011

1 John 1-3

1 John 1-3 : That Ye May Have Fellowship with Us and with God

1. Read 1 John 1:1-4. Describe in writing John's desire for those he wrote to. Study the following scripture references and then list what these verses teach about how we can come to know God better and have greater joy and fellowship with God:
- 1 John 1:8-10 - we can come to know God better and have greater joy if we confess our sins and as such he will be willing to forgive us
- 1 John 2:3-6 - if we know him and truly walk with him we will have more joy and fellowship with God
- 1 John 2:9-11; 3:11-19 - loving my fellowmen will help me know My Heavenly Father better
- 1 John 2:15-17 - Keep away from the worldly things, love the Lord not the world and I will have more joy with my God
- 1 John 2:20-21, 27 - Stay true to the truth and annointing that have been given to you
- 1 John 3:4-6 - repenting of my sins can help me be closer to God

2. Choose one of the ways to greater joy and fellowship with God as you described it above and write a paragraph explaning how you can better implement those principles in your life.

I can implement the principle of loving my fellowmen more into my life. I do love and care for the people around me but I think I do need to spend more time helping them and not me. My life right now is focused on me and my happiness but I think that if I take the time to help others more then I will be able to see the happiness that the Lord has in store for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment